Unfortunately, just like the myth that etiquette is for the elite is perpetuated, the myth that you must serve a seven-course meal anytime you want to have friends over is also perpetuated. I’m here today to help!
Entertaining does not have to be a super formal event, and potlucks are completely acceptable!
Here are my top 5 tips for keeping entertaining inexpensive and affordable.
- Cook with eggs – frittatas are beautiful and inexpensive. Bonus – you can use up leftover veggies!
- Have a one-pot meal. Soups and casseroles are well known for stretching meat further. They’re also delicious and filling.
- If your guests offers to bring dessert, let them. This is most appropriate if you’re having close friends or family over.
- Limit choices. If you want to make the evening feel special and have appetizers, limit the appetizers to one or two options. Much less with go to waste. Likewise, don’t feel pressured to have multiple drink options.
- Limit the number of guests. This is the one that surprises people the most. However, by limiting the number you invite, you’re not only saving money, but you’re also getting more quality time with those there.
- Bonus Tip: Entertain at an off time. Have a coffee or a tea instead of a full meal!
What other tips would you add? Thank you for reading!