We’re entering that time of year where people often spend more time celebrating various holidays with friends and family. While this should lead to enjoyment, it can often lead to disaster – which brings me to today’s Top 5 post.
Today’s Top 5 has a list for both guests and hosts to do (or to not do) in order to enjoy holidays more.
The lists were compiled after a reader asked if it was okay to host a potluck Thanksgiving. My answer: it absolutely is, provided that all expectations are clearly defined to your guests in the beginning.
- Show up on time
- Offer to bring something to share
- Bring a hostess gift
- Help clean up after the meal
- Don’t overstay your welcome
Hosts Top 5:
- Set out clear expectations of your guests
- Have most items prepped before guests arrive
- Have yourself fully dressed and ready to celebrate by the time guests arrive
- Delegate tasks to your guests if help is offered
- Always be gracious and welcoming to your guests